SKIING IN LOFER
PLEASURE ON TWO PLANKS!
Skiing and snowboarding on the Loferer Alm is a very special pleasure, as this is a quiet, family-friendly ski resort which does not suffer from overcrowding. Choose between perfectly groomed pistes or boundless pleasure in the powder snow off piste! 46 km of pistes and an expansive freeride area offer something for everyone.
Skim across the snow-covered slopes on skis, blades, snowboard, or carving board. Families love the Loferer Alm, as the prices are family-friendly, and the wide open slopes make it easier to keep an eye on smaller skiers.
Want to learn to ski, or improve your skiing technique? Lofer’s ski school instructors are always on hand to provide you with the necessary knowledge and techniques in a professional manner.
NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART MOUNTAIN AND VALLEY STATIONS
- Flat lift entry – no steps in the entire valley station area
- Improved ski bus service direct to the valley station (significantly increased frequency)
- Capacity formerly 1000 people/hour, now 1600 people/hour (will reach 2400 people/hour with final expansion)
- Modern, spacious 8-seater cabins offer faster transportation
Get to know and love the Almenwelt in this short video: Lofer ski area
FURTHER SKI RESORTS!
If you fancy a bit of variety during your skiing holiday in Lofer, some of the region’s most attractive ski resorts are just a short drive away:
- Unken Heutal - approx. 5 km
- Waidringer Steinplatte - approx. 23 km
- Saalbach-Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn ski resort - enter what is now Austria’s largest interconnected ski area either in Fieberbrunn or via the Asitz lifts in Leogang - both are approx. 45 km from Lofer
THE MYTH OF THE KITZSTEINHORN
More than just a glacier: THE glacier. Austria’s first glacier ski resort. Offering the Alpine “Wow” experience 365 days a year. Surrounded by Austria’s highest peaks, here the mountain world shows off its most powerful side. The pistes - wide, spectacular, and covered in a metre of natural snow. Discover the intense feeling of freedom at 3000 metres above sea level - at any time of year (and just 45 minutes’ drive from Lofer)!